We are launching software development operations for one of our new clients who is planning to establish
its own Costa Rican site in the next years. The first step for this new business opportunity is building a top
talented team who’ll be in charge of the development of incoming projects according to client’s dynamics
and methodologies and take leadership in guiding new team members in order to accomplish goals with
Team members are expected to take ownership of problems, driving forward solutions both on an
individual basis and while working together as a team; a high degree of self-motivation and the ability to
work collaboratively are therefore also required.
About our client:
Our client provides cloud phone systems solutions for small, mid-size business and enterprise
communication, and intuitive software for customer satisfaction analytics to innovate in the way
businesses communicate. Among his clients, you can find well known international companies such as
Netflix, Burger King, IBM, and Target.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create user information solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining Java based
components and interfaces.
- Present design concepts and system functions in an understandable, logical and concise manner.
- Working with the architecture and team-mates to design, develop and maintain REST web
- Working with the product team and other stakeholders to develop and maintain customer facing
- Collaborating with analysts and QA automation engineers.
- Mentoring less experienced team members.
- Staying abreast of the latest technologies and best practices.
- Object-oriented programming and component-based development.
- Very strong Java core experience (experience working with Java 1.8+).
- Strong experience with spring (MVC, boot, data, cloud, security), Hibernate.
- Strong understanding and experience working with relational databases.
- Strong experience designing and developing high availability REST web services.
- Experience working with Redis, RabbitMQ.
- Strong understanding of configuration, deployment, and troubleshooting of Tomcat web apps.
- Experience with Docker / Kubernetes a plus.
- Experience working with continuous integration tools e.g. Jenkins, Sonar.
- Strong understanding working with Maven, Git.
- Familiarity working with UNIX based systems
- Nice to have: (JQuery, Spring Framework, JPA, Solr, Thymeleaf & eCommerce)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Experience working in a team-based environment.
- Review, document on and facilitate code reviews.
- Proficiency building unit tests.
- Senior level: 5+ years of experience working with the required tools or similar versions.
- Mid-level: 3+ years of experience working with the required tools or similar versions.
- Team player, capable of working effectively independently or in a team.
- Able to learn and recommend new technologies as required to complete technical solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with all levels of personnel in discussions and explanations of complex systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
To apply for this position send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: San José, Costa Rica.
- Work schedule: Monday to Friday 40 hours per week
- Private medical insurance.
- Onsite doctor.
- Employee solidarity association.
- Payment in dollars.
- Online courses.
- Onsite English classes.
- Club of board games, soccer, and yoga.
CSS | AJAX | JQuery | Angular JS | VB | XML/XSL | ETL | SQL | LINQ | Entity Framework
If you are interested on this position please fill the form and send resume in English.