MOBILE AMBASSADOR PROGRAM
Coca-Cola is one of the most famous brands in the world, because of the company’s attention to and spending on branding and marketing. Coca-Cola now produces 3,500+ different beverages in numerous categories, all sold around the world.
Coca-Cola reached out to EX2 Outcoding when they wanted to develop a mobile application for their Employee Ambassador Program. The program’s goal was to empower its 700,000+ employees worldwide to represent and promote the Coca-Cola Brand.
The Ambassador Program was put into place to motivate employees in improving the presentation and image of Coca-Cola’s products at their point of sale (POS). Our initial challenge was to deconstruct and then fully automate this process.
The mobile app is both an educational resource for best practices on retail displays, and as a communication platform for Coke HQ and thousands of global staff members
In addition to improving brand recognition and POS presentation, our mobile helped Coke:
- Make the Ambassador Program easy to use, and ensure employee adoption.
- Help Coke direct their people and resources, by mapping both points of sale and areas of distribution that suffered from poor presentation and sales.
- Demonstrate improved presentation of Coke’s products at point of sale in stores and supermarkets to increase product sales.
- Eliminate the need for printed sheets that management had used when tracking the training of employees.
We successfully developed a mobile application that would work on both the iPhone and Android platforms. Our final product not only improved the processes of the Program but also significantly increased involvement and participation by employees of Coca-Cola.
Given our development success and employee adoption, Coca-Cola saw:
- Improved speed and immediacy of all data generation;
- Much greater involvement by employees in the Ambassador Program;
- Vast reduction in their ecological footprint due to eliminating paper;
- Increased ability to track both POS locations and areas where product was being sold;
- Overall improvement in the presentation of the product;
- Increased identification with Coca-Cola by their employees.